This job is no longer accepting applications.
Viathan Engineering Limited is a leading provider of captive and embedded power solutions in Nigeria with the goal to be Africa's preferred energy solutions company. They also distribute generated power to governmental, commercial, and residential off-takers in the Lagos metropolis and across Nigeria, using natural gas as fuel.
About the role
Viathan is looking to fill the role of a Sales Officer that will be responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of their business. You will support the business to achieve revenue targets in line with their corporate objectives and ensure that the value of customers/markets created will propel them to achieve their stated long-term strategic objectives in capacity and EBITDA terms. You will also be responsible for contract performance, end–to–end negotiation, evaluation, and review.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Sales Officer, and also be responsible for the following:
- Identify, define, attract, convince and convert prospective customers to purchase their products and/or services – both power and gas
- Develop and grow a pipeline to support quota achievement; implement a sales and marketing plan to identify qualified sales leads
- Provide input into strategic marketing activities for new products and enhancements to existing products based on customer needs
- Produce lead reports and document important customer opportunities; ensure action is taken and leads are followed through
- Follow up new business opportunities and set up meetings with prospects/customers
- Advise on methods for identifying leads and procedures for turning them over (shared responsibility with entire team)
- Evaluating the business ideas according to the company criteria
- Keep prospective client database updated
- Negotiate, evaluate and review Gas Supply & Purchase Agreements (GSPAs) and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with off-takers
- Plan and prepare presentations – writing reports and other business communication
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will work with the Commercial team in developing reasonable sales goals and strategies that ensure Viathan maintains viable relationships with existing clients and has a pipeline of prospective clients.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
Build and maintain scalable relationships with clients, and have an eye for activation, retention, and referral. Understand clients’ needs and share information with other members of the commercial team to leverage on.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Minimum 3 years cognate experience in Sales
- Experience in the Energy industry would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related or Social Science field
- Additional education may include specialized training, professional certifications, workshops, and seminars relevant to the industry
- Have adequate knowledge of the Power industry and market
- Possess excellent communication, organization, time management, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and information technology systems
- Have requisite knowledge in market planning, cross-selling and upselling
- Proactive prospecting
- Contract performance management
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive remuneration
- Contribute to providing power solutions to the underserved
Your application has been successfully submitted.