Head of Payment Operations
About the role
They are looking to hire a Head of Payment Operations who will lead Kippa’s Operations and Payment team. This role may be metamorphosed into a Director of Payment Operations, VP of Payments, Chief Payments Officer, or Chief Business Officer, depending on performance.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will take charge of all operational procedures. You will also be responsible for the following:
1. Payment Operations management
- Develop and implement the agency banking operational procedures, governance systems, processes, and systems, and implementing them to achieve required efficiency, quality, and compliance with bank standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor agent operations against bank standards, agent contracts, and regulatory standards and take action to ensure conformance.
- Monitor agent liquidity to ensure agents have sufficient float and cash to complete customer transactions
- Manage the procurement, storage, and distribution of branding, merchandising, devices and consumables to agents and bank staff as required
- Reviews agency banking transactions, revenue, and commission reconciliation reports and follows up to ensure the resolution of outstanding items
- Develop and implement annual plans for agent supervision and support, including measurable objectives and outcomes in consultation with stakeholder
2. Payment process efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor and take action to improve agency banking operational efficiency and effectiveness, including engaging agents, service providers, and support functions to resolve issues, reviewing procedures, and automating processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce cost
3. Payment compliance
- Regularly review agency banking operations against bank standards, agent contracts, service level agreements, and regulatory requirements and engage agents, staff, and service providers to address lapses.
- Ensure agent banking operations comply with bank standards and regulatory requirements.
- Obtaining necessary regulatory and management approvals for agent banking operations.
- Preparing operational reports for management and Central Bank as required
- Monitor and report on Agent supervision and support activities against set expectations
4. Payment risk management
- Put in place an agency banking risk management framework aligned to the bank risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Carry our risk self-assessment, and develop and execute a risk management plan to ensure effective risk management in Agent Banking
- Identify potential fraud and money laundering and investigate and take action as required.
- Take timely action to correct lapses in Agent supervision and support
- Prepare and submit management and regulatory reports on all aspects of Agent supervision and support
How important are you to the bottomline?
As a Head Of Payment Operations at Kippa, you will act as the internal traffic conductor to make sure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will define and oversee the day-to-day payment operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives. From setting financial budgets to leading on new initiatives, you’re the hub of the company.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
You should have expert knowledge of the services and products the company has to offer and how they are used by clients and customers. You will provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profits, and return on investments.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Experience building teams across multiple locations
- Deep understanding of the regulatory landscape, with connections at financial institutions, the Central Bank, and potential partners in the financial technology industry
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance operations team
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners, especially with engineering and product management
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Skilled at tackling ambiguous problems and defining and executing strategies that clarify the problems and deliver quantifiable business impact
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills with experience navigating large data sets
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
- Familiarity with APIs
What matters most?
Nobody can be great at everything, but they are looking to talk to you if you demonstrate:
- Rigor for metrics: you commit to a process for extracting answers out of ambiguous questions and situations
- Product intuition: you’ve honed the skill of identifying great design, user experience and providing feedback
- Business-first logic: you understand the business implications of decisions and can make clear recommendations to the organization
- Bias to action: you feel an urgency to unblock yourself and others to deliver great results for the organization
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kippa is on a mission to help small businesses in Africa run more sustainably and profitably