Price and Procurement Manager
About the role
They are looking to hire a Price and Procurement Manager, you will responsible for developing and managing the pricing strategy for all products sold on their marketplace and will collaborate with management and the Senior Supply Chain Lead to implement new pricing initiatives.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Successful candidates in this role will have strong analytical, multitasking, negotiation and people management skills. Your responsibilities will include but might not be limited to the following;
- Build, maintain and update an active database of prices for auto parts across Nigeria
- Implement strong pricing controls to guide all buyers
- Approve daily transactions from buyers
- Coordinate with Customer Care, Sales and Operations on all pricing related inquiries in an expedited manner
- Implement a system to monitor and rate suppliers
- Develop a pricing model that ensures Garage has best pricing across its marketplace.
- Collaborate with different business units and assess data and market trends to determine what the most profitable clusters within a city for Garage to target
- Collaborate with operations, engineering and product development to build solutions that enables garage to better manage its pricing and procurement operations with suppliers
- Ensures timely completion of major deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses on new business initiatives
- Complete other activities as requested by leadership
How important are you to the bottom line?
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with management to impact company profitability by implementing processes for take rate control and improvement across all product categories.
The Biggest Problem-Solving duties on the Job
This role will also be responsible for managing all transactions from suppliers on a daily basis. You will craft a system that can efficiently meet the challenges of sourcing, management of vendors, optimize relationships with suppliers to ensure cost savings.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Advanced Excel skills is a MUST
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, data science
- Superior data analytical skills
- 4+ years experience working in pricing and procurement for a high growth startup or reputable multinational
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and enjoys working within a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong business acumen
- Detailed oriented and persuasive
- Street smart and resourceful
- Superior problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator (verbal, text, email).
- Master degree in Business or supply chain management
- Experience with data analytics and reporting tools such as R, SAS, tableau, apache, spss, Apache spark, NumPy
- Experience working in operations at a startup
- 5+years experience working in pricing and procurement for a high growth startup or reputable multinational
- Experience in auto parts pricing and sales.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Focused on differentiating ourselves through community driven growth and deep technology and data operations.