Shield is SSL for web3. They are building an engine that helps web3 platforms identify and resolve threats on their applications & social communication platforms. The mission is to become the security protocol for all people in the emerging internet of money, securing the trillions of assets moving onto blockchain technology.
About the role
Shield is looking to hire a Software Engineer to work closely with their founders to build out the products that close early customers concerned with user protections in web3. You will need to be able to write and maintain high-quality, well-documented code as part of a team to ensure the stability of these asynchronous environments.
What you need to be considered successful?
The ideal candidate is someone who will be able to be productive in a relatively unstructured, self-directed environment, and you’ll need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills to help keep everyone in sync. You’ll also need to have excellent time management skills.. You will also;
- Quick Project Delivery- Sets and comfortably meets deadlines, does not overpromise, well-commented deployments for feedback
- Development Quality- Products fully function, bug-free, often with improvements. Stripe-level documentation. Submitted work reads like a user story
- Customer-centric Design/UX - Beautiful UI matches & even improves Figma designs. Mobile UI/UX is often better than the desktop experience. Proactively researches users and creates strong designs with them in mind.
- Autonomy, Transparency & Communication- plans tasks with milestones and asks for help if behind. Multiple updates per day without being asked. Proactive communication
How important are you on the bottom line?
You will own the product and solution background with a key focus on designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software solution.
The biggest problem solving duties on the job
You will have to bring on your A game to consistently deliver excellent work that aligns with business and user needs. You will have the exciting opportunity of contributing in making strategic decisions that affect the growth of the product and development team in the long and short terms.
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We are a startup and we mean it. We have identified a huge problem with customer communications among entrepreneurs and we are going to be focused on solving that problem for a while. If your priority for joining a startup is the fun stuff, then that's not here. I mean, we do have fun, but to be honest, we work more.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. You are going to be working with really smart people who are focused on the next goal. Most people won’t be cut out for such hard work.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Full-time, remote availability
- At least 1 year of full-time experience or 3 years of part-time experience doing development in cybersecurity or web3 security
- Experience and Familiarity with web3.js, ethers.js, and writing scripts to make on-chain data requests.
- Familiarity with traditional cybersecurity hacking methods: phishing, application open testing, etc
- Strong Asynchronous Python programming skills
- Interest in leveraging AI/ML frameworks and incorporating tools such as GPT-3, GitHub Copilot, Midjourney, etc
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in working with git as a VCS
What do you stand to gain?
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do and treat you as an equal.
- 100% remote, working model.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The mission is to become the security protocol for all people in the emerging internet of money, securing the trillions of assets moving onto blockcha...