Technical Engineering Manager
About The Role
Fingo Africa is looking for a Technical Engineering Manager to their team and lead various projects across several teams to help create processes and execute strategies to ensure projects are developed in a timely manner.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
To ensure success as an Engineering Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team to ensure projects are completed according to schedule and budget. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Research and develop designs and products
- Determine the need for training and talent development
- Hire contractors and build teams
- Ensure products have the support of upper management
- Provide clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Check their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Coordinate work with other managers and staff
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Engineering Manager, your duties will include researching and developing new products, building project budgets and overseeing the successful execution of projects throughout the year.
The Biggest problem Solving Duties On the Job
The ideal candidate is one who able to propose and manage budgets for projects, supervise the work of multiple teams, translate business requirements into SRDs, make technical and architectural designs and decisions
What you need to have done in your career?
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role preferably in a scaled startup / Fintech
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics
- Experience in leading / building core banking solutions
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Work with fantastic teammates and learn a lot from each other
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth Focused Banking