Head Of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Early-stage startups face tough decisions every day about how to allocate scarce talent and capital. Investors are challenged by the lack of information and expertise in underserved markets. . Pariti is bridging the gap between investors and startups by creating a community-led marketplace for entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
They are on a mission to develop underserved startup ecosystems. They do this by empowering businesses with tools and expertise and providing expert freelancers with a platform to develop their careers. Their focus is on early-stage startup entrepreneurs in Africa, Non-Africa-based angel investors who are interested in investing in Africa, and African Operators who want to become Angel Investors.
About The Role
Pariti is looking to hire a passionate and dynamic Head of Marketing. You will play a critical role in the company at a time when they are looking to grow significantly over the next year and beyond. They are looking for someone who will be their chief storyteller, marketing strategist, customer champion & growth driver. Ultimately they will need to build a full-stack marketing team around them as the business expands.
What do you need to be considered successful?
They're looking for someone who is (i) excited about understanding the problems entrepreneurs face every day and fixing them with technology (ii) loves storytelling and bringing ideas to life (iii) an outcome-oriented hacker, delivering results in the shortest amount of time possible without much guidance. Some of what you’ll be responsible for are as follows:
- Creating a consistent and strong brand & go-to-market strategy for each product line
- Leading their content marketing efforts, writing and outsourcing where needed
- Leveraging the community of founders, investors, freelancers, and mentors to amplify their voices and stories
- Creating daily engagement strategy for the team across media platforms
- Running & planning events and their social media presence
- Using data to drive their marketing decision and goal setting
- Building the infrastructure to a media house that you will head
- Adding media experts to the Pariti platform to be hired by founders
How Important are you to the bottom line?
They have some coverage and content, but you would be joining early enough to influence every part of their go-to-market strategy as they go forward. They also want you to contribute to their collaborative and fun company atmosphere.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You’ll have the exciting challenge of driving multiple initiatives within the marketing team. You will be wearing multiple hats on this role and if you’re excited about building a full-stack marketing function from the scratch, this role might just be for you. You will coordinate growth activities through marketing strategy, customer experience and storytelling.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- A track record of creating flexible, extensible media and content strategies
- Growth hacker/mindset
- Experience in managing complex narratives and making them simple and digestible
- SEO/Data analysis
- An unparalleled passion for lifelong learning & doing
- Adaptability, willingness to take on tasks in a startup context that are outside of your defined role
- Direct, clear communication and speak up attitude
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary & an equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- A seat in the founding team & an opportunity to set the vision
- Unlimited paid time off
- A remote-first environment
What you May “not’ love
- They are a small team (~5 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create their company’s culture.
- They are an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And they move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards their lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.