This job is no longer accepting applications.
Early-stage startups face tough decisions every day about how to allocate scarce talent and capital. Investors are challenged by the lack of information and expertise in underserved markets. . Pariti is bridging the gap between investors and startups by creating a community-led marketplace for entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
They are on a mission to develop underserved startup ecosystems. They do this by empowering businesses with tools and expertise and providing expert freelancers with a platform to develop their careers. Their focus is on early-stage startup entrepreneurs in Africa, Non-Africa-based angel investors who are interested in investing in Africa, and African Operators who want to become Angel Investors.
About The Role
You will be tasked with creating compelling web and mobile interfaces that attract entrepreneurs and investors while supporting the mission of Pariti. If you are excited about venture investment and supporting entrepreneurs through useful digital solutions then this role is for you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
They've got foundational tools in place, but you would be joining early enough to influence every part of our architecture as they go forward. Some of what you’ll be responsible for are as follows:
- Process high volumes of qualitative and quantitative data about startups, and present this complexity in a manageable form
- Create interfaces that enable users to navigate high volumes of data efficiently
- Manage distributed talent all over the world, maintaining visibility and quality control
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for translating UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Their current front-end stack is based on Angular 9, talking to a GraphQL API built on Django. Familiarity with Angular would be a big advantage
- More important is your ability to demonstrate a track record of building great products for the web and/or mobile
- Deep Typescript knowledge, enabling you to create maintainable and extensible applications
- Able to create highly organized and structured SCSS and apply it to a web application
- A strong appreciation of good user experience is essential, along with the ability to implement smart and attractive user interfaces
- Appreciation of how to communicate complex data to users
- An unparalleled passion for lifelong learning & doing
- Adaptability, willingness to take on tasks in a startup context that are outside of your defined role
- Direct, clear communication and speak up attitude
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary & an equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- Unlimited paid time off
- A remote-first environment
What you May “not’ love
- They are a small team (~5 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create their company’s culture.
- They are an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And they move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards their lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.