Head Of Treasury
Waza is a B2B payments company that operates a platform for emerging markets. They are a YCombinator-backed startup with $1.3m in pre-seed funding and growing at about 600% month-on-month. Their core focus is to make it easy for businesses to make B2B payments globally. They are dedicated to solving the problem of slow, expensive and inefficient payment systems in emerging markets, which can be a significant barrier to business and economic growth. Waza provides businesses with access to fast, reliable, and affordable payment, liquidity and processing services in Nigeria and Ghana and are scaling into new emerging markets in the next few months. They are a small team of former founders, engineers, business and legal professionals building towards making B2B payments easy and accessible in emerging markets.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Head of Treasury, who will be a senior member of the team, reporting directly to the CEO, You will be responsible for managing Waza's liquidity, foreign exchange, debt facility management, and investment portfolios. In your first few months of joining, your treasury and foreign exchange trading strategies should generate a 2x in revenue margins and lead Them to offering even a better priced product to their esteemed customers.
What you need to be successful?
To be successful in this role, you should an in-depth knowledge of Financial market , and have a high disposition for foreign exchange trading, and have a strong passion for building and promoting B2B product. As the Head of Treasury at Waza your main duties will include:
● Be efficient in developing and implementing foreign exchange trading strategies to optimise profitability and mitigate risks.
● Be able to establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions and partners to maximise revenue-making opportunities for Waza.
● Managing the company's cash flow, debt facility, and ensuring that we maintain adequate reserves to support our operations.
● Developing and implementing policies and procedures for treasury activities, including cash management, foreign exchange, and investments.
● Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies and overseeing the preparation of reports and analysis for management and external stakeholders.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimise Waza's financial performance.
● Be able to Identify and mitigate financial risks and vulnerabilities.
How important you are to the bottomline?
You will help with managing the FX trading strategy, cash flow, debt facility and Foreign exchange trading aspect of their organisation to ensure that they align with the company’s growth targets. You will be leading a team to produce highly impactful result.
What you need to have done in your career?
● Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field.
● At least 3-5 years of experience in treasury or related fields in a reputable fintech company, with a strong focus on foreign exchange trading.
● In-depth knowledge of financial markets, foreign exchange, and investment products globally.
● Experience in managing cash flow and liquidity, debt facility management, and developing treasury policies and procedures.
● Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions and partners.
Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Fluency in English is required
What you stand to gain?
● Competitive salary + equity compensation
● Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
● Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options
● Unlimited vacation policy
● Professional development opportunities
Location: Remote in UK, Europe, Africa. (plus if you’re in Lagos, Nigeria)
Your application has been successfully submitted.