Waza is a B2B payments company that operates a platform for emerging markets. They are a YCombinator-backed startup with $1.3m in pre-seed funding and growing at about 600% month-on-month. Their core focus is to make it easy for businesses to make B2B payments globally. They are dedicated to solving the problem of slow, expensive, and inefficient payment systems in emerging markets, which can be a significant barrier to business and economic growth. Waza provides businesses with access to fast, reliable, and affordable payment, liquidity, and processing services in Nigeria and Ghana and is scaling into new emerging markets in the next few months. They are a small team of former founders, engineers, and business and legal professionals building towards making B2B payments easy and accessible in emerging markets.
About the role
They are looking to hire an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to join their finance team. Waza has experienced significant growth in recent months. they need an Accountant to manage the financial transactions, assist in budgeting, book keeping, forecasting, and financial analysis.
What you need to do to be considered successful?
● Be able to manage and record daily financial transactions using accounting software
● Reconcile bank and credit card statements on a monthly basis
● Be able to prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for management
● Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
● Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with accounting policies and regulations
● Analyse financial data to identify trends and areas for improvement
● Provide recommendations for process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
● Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements
● Perform other accounting-related duties as need
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will help in managing financial transactions, booking keeping, assisting in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
What do you need to have in your career?
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
● At least 3 years of experience in accounting or related field
● Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles
● Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Quickbooks, Xero)
● Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information.
If we are not being greedy, we'd prefer someone who:
● Experience in a fintech or startup environment
● CPA or equivalent certification
● Experience with payment processing or financial services industries
You will be a great fit if:
If you are a self-starter with a passion for finance and technology, You are willing to work within a fast-paced and results-driven organization and want to drive digital transformation by building and scaling payment platform that make at an impact.
What you stand to gain?
● Competitive salary and benefits package
● Opportunities for professional growth and development
● Dynamic and collaborative work environment
● Opportunity to work in the rapidly growing fintech industry
● Opportunity to work with a diverse team of experienced professionals
● Flexible work arrangements
● Unlimited vacation policy
● Comprehensive Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
Your application has been successfully submitted.