Waza is a B2B payments company that operates a platform for emerging markets. They are a YCombinator-backed startup with $1.3m in pre-seed funding and growing at about 600% month-on-month. Their core focus is to make it easy for businesses to make B2B payments globally. They are dedicated to solving the problem of slow, expensive and inefficient payment systems in emerging markets, which can be a significant barrier to business and economic growth. Waza provides businesses with access to fast, reliable, and affordable payment, liquidity and processing services in Nigeria and Ghana and are scaling into new emerging markets in the next few months. They are a small team of former founders, engineers, business and legal professionals building towards making B2B payments easy and accessible in emerging markets.
About the role
They are looking to hire an Executive Assistant to the CEO, who will be responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO and helping to ensure the smooth operation of the company. You will be the CEO's primary point of contact for internal and external communications, managing the administrative tasks of the company on behalf of the CEO, and assisting with project management and other tasks as needed.
What you need to be successful?
To be successful in this role, you need be highly organized, detail-oriented and you must posses the ability to work independently. As the Executive Assistant at Waza your main duties will include:
● Being able to coordinate internal and external communications for the CEO,including emails, and other correspondence
● Assist with project management and other tasks as needed, including research and analysis
● Preparing and editing documents, including reports, presentations, and correspondence
● Managing the CEO's calendar and schedule, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements
● Manage and prioritize incoming requests and issues, and provide timely and effective responses
● Organize and maintain files, records, and other documents
● Support the CEO in other administrative tasks as needed
How important you are to the bottomline?
You will help with managing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the CEO, both the internal and external business activity. You will also assist with project management and administrative tasks,
You Will be a great fit if:
You are willing to work within a fast-paced and results-driven environment. You demonstrate a structured approach to work, a strong level of self-management, and a consistent professional maturity. You must be able to work independently, and be Highly organised and detail-oriented.
What you need to have done in your career?
● Proven experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, or similar role
● Considerable experience or knowledge
● Bachelor's degree in any field from any reputable University
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in productivity and project management tools.
● Proficiency Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
● Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy
What you stand to gain?
● Competitive salary
● MacBook Air M1 as work tool
● Health insurance
● Generous vacation and sick time policy
● Flexible work arrangements
● Professional development opportunities
● Collaborative and inclusive work environment
● Opportunity to work on meaningful projects that have a positive impact on emerging markets.
Your application has been successfully submitted.