Senior Backend Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Early-stage startups face tough decisions every day about how to allocate scarce talent and capital. Investors are challenged by the lack of information and expertise in underserved markets. . Pariti is bridging the gap between investors and startups by creating a community-led marketplace for entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
They are on a mission to develop underserved startup ecosystems. They do this by empowering businesses with tools and expertise and providing expert freelancers with a platform to develop their careers. Their focus is on early-stage startup entrepreneurs in Africa, Non-Africa based angel investors who are interested in investing in Africa, and African Operators who want to become Angel Investors.
About The Role
Pariti is looking to hire a Senior Backend Developer. As a senior software developer, you will work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help them achieve results that traditionally required large teams.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should have strong backend experience developing complex APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data but can also dabble in frontend development if needed. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Process high volumes of qualitative and quantitative data about startups, and present this complexity in a manageable form
- Create interfaces that enable users to navigate high volumes of data efficiently
- Manage distributed talent all over the world, maintaining visibility and quality control
- Create beautiful APIs
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will also design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with the frontend developer(s) to build a solution that can process high data volumes and ensure it's accessible and understandable by key stakeholders.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- It is vital that you can demonstrate a track record of creating flexible, extensible web APIs, running with stability and efficiency on cloud hardware
- You must be ready to tackle a sophisticated Python 3 codebase with ease
- Specifically, their current stack is based on Angular 9, talking to a GraphQL API built on Django, all hosted on AWS. Familiarity with one or more of these tools would be a big advantage
- Experience in managing complex data models
- A deep understanding of security, permissions, and data best practices
- An unparalleled passion for lifelong learning & doing
- Direct, clear communication and speak up attitude
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary & an equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- Unlimited paid time off
- A remote-first environment
What you May “not’ love
- They are a small team (~5 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create their company’s culture.
- They are an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And they move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards their lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.