Fincra is a payment infrastructure for ﬁntechs, platforms and global businesses. Fincra provides payments solutions that enables businesses to accept payments securely, make payouts globally and scale your business across borders. Their vision is to simply create a world, where movement of money is instant, and as easy as sending a text message. They are on a mission To make it easier for businesses in emerging or frontier markets to transact digitally, at low cost and high speed, seamlessly.
About the role.
They are looking to hire a Compliance Manager, who will uphold the ethical integrity of Fincra and ensure all operational activities comply with regulations while meeting business goals. In this position, you will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, and leading training sessions. You will also coordinate with diﬀerent department managers to review all departmental compliance policies. Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks. Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Act as the company's trained BCMS lead auditor (pending the employment of an internal auditor for the internal audit role).
- Design, Implement and manage an eﬀective compliance program and risk management strategy for the company.
- Ensure the business and operations are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, onboardings, and procedures.
- Provide regular reports to senior management and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required.
- Ensure senior management remains informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the company.
- Act as an internal control function to conduct risk assessment, periodically.
- Ensure company policies, internal control procedures & manuals are up-to-date with regulatory requirements and are regularly followed.
- Conduct regular compliance risk assessment training workshops to educate employees on regulations, policies and industry practices.
- Lead the client on-boarding team driving eﬃciency in all processes to most eﬀectively adhere to our risk appetite.
- Liaise with Regulatory bodies and External Auditors, and ensure every required reporting is carried out.
- Participate in any system enhancement tasks, and Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Establish a culture within the company that emphasises our commitment to internal controls, risk management and high ethical standards.
- Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Create and manage eﬀective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Applying for compliance certiﬁcation and regulatory approval.
- Training employees on industry compliance requirements.
- Maintaining communication with compliance regulators and following up on applications.
- Evaluating internal operational and procedural compliance.
- Identifying and assessing areas of signiﬁcant business risk.
- Reviewing all new products, systems or processes to ensure compliance.
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into identiﬁed or reported risks
As a person who will be successful for this role, you will also serve as Fincra’s Business Continuity Trained Auditor with the underlisted responsibilities:
- Plan, establish, implement and maintain an audit programme including the frequency, methods, responsibilities, planning requirements and reporting
- Deﬁne the audit criteria and scope for each audit
- Conduct internal audits at planned intervals
- Ensure the audit process is objective and impartial
- Report the results of audits to relevant management
- Retain documented information as evidence of the audit programme and the audit results.
As a member of the Business Continuity Steering group, your roles and responsibilities expand to include the following:
- Establish and maintain the BCMS policy, objectives and plans.
- Communicate the importance of meeting the objectives and the need for continual improvement throughout the organisation.
- Maintain an awareness of business needs and major changes.
- Ensure that business continuity requirements are determined and are met with the aim of minimising risk and maintaining eﬀective strategies and plans.
- Determine and provide resources to plan, implement, monitor, review and improve business continuity and management e.g. recruit appropriate staﬀ, manage staﬀ turnover.
- Oversee the management of risks to the organisation.
- Conduct management reviews of business continuity, at planned intervals, to ensure continuing suitability, adequacy and eﬀectiveness.
- Select auditors and ensure that internal audits are conducted in an objective and impartial manner.
- Establish a continual improvement policy with respect to business continuity for Fincra Technologies.
- Review major business continuity incidents.
- Own the top management communication plan.
- Deﬁne and maintain business continuity management authorities and responsibilities.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Law or any related degree.
- Minimum of 7+ years related experience in a bank/ Fintech.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and certiﬁcation as Lead implementer of the following ISO standards: ISO 27000, 27001, 27005, 27701, 31000 and any other relevant ISO standard.
- Expertise in relevant standards related to Financial Technology such as: PCI DSS
- Expertise in IT Risk and Risk Management
- Expertise in EU GDPR and Nigeria NDPR Data protection regulation
- An excellent understanding of networking and database Protocols.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory frameworks for Financial Technology.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent organisational skills.
What do you stand to gain?
- A chance to be an early member of a high-growth start-up
- Competitive salary
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work
- Health insurance which includes dental, optical & major surgeries.
- Interest-free staﬀ loans upon conﬁrmation
- Work- from home (fully remote)
- vehicle ﬁnancing for conﬁrmed employees at 50% of asset value.
- Stock options for early employees.
- Annual Training budget.
Your application has been successfully submitted.