Senior Foreign Exchange Trader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fincra is a payment infrastructure for ﬁntechs, platforms and global businesses. Fincra provides payments solutions that enables businesses to accept payments securely, make payouts globally and scale your business across borders. Their vision is to simply create a world, where movement of money is instant, and as easy as sending a text message. They are on a mission To make it easier for businesses in emerging or frontier markets to transact digitally, at low cost and high speed, seamlessly.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Senior Foreign exchange Trader As a Trader, Reporting to the Treasurer, you will be responsible for ensuring liquidity management as well as other core trade functions including pricing, analysis and fore casting.
What you need to be successful?
To be successful for this role, you have to possess the ability to execute the following:
- Make a market in several currency pairs.
- Pricing of retail clients in several currency pairs.
- Monitor competitor pricing.
- Work with the sales team to maximize price eﬀectiveness vs. proﬁtability.
- Ensuring all trades are booked on their worksheets and enhancing smooth settlement with the counter-parties.
- Sending rates to clients and updating rates and margin on the website.
- Booking all treasury trades and ensuring that they are recorded in the respective reports.
- Reconciling the treasury front oﬃce and the operations margin, volumes and reports.
- Assist in managing ﬂoats across dozens of accounts in 10 currencies.
- Project cash ﬂows and provide analysis of cash movements.
- Managing relationships with trading counter parties.
- Carefully monitor capital controls, intercompany ﬂows, and any other factors that inhibit ability to move funds freely.
- Tracking of weighted average rates of funds in the company’s position at all times.
- Help report margin on a daily basis.
- Analyze the direction of customer ﬂows.
- Monitor the bank rates and black-market rates.
- Full life cycle trade responsibilities, build pre-trade analysis, execution, funds allocation and settlement across multiple strategies, brokers and banks.
- Quantify risks of multiple African currency.
- Make recommendations to improve trading procedures (reduce risk, increase eﬃciency, maximize proﬁtability).
- Provide recommendations for automation, risk mitigation, or any other policies and procedures.
- Document processes and procedures carried out by the team to achieve regular activities.
What you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor’s degree in ﬁnance, accounting, economics, or related ﬁeld.
- 5+ years proven trading experience.
- A solid understanding of ﬁnancial markets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage immense pressure.
- Ownership: They are a team of individuals who are the CEO of their roles, and are able to consistently make excellent decisions independently, even in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Their people have the creative freedom to design solutions to problems and the responsibility to execute the right results, expecting the same of your teammates. The company strives to provide overall direction and expectations for each team and role; however, they value people who are able to lead and drive initiatives on their own, in line with the direction.
- Excellence: In order to achieve their very lofty goals as a company, they pride themselves with the need to be able to produce best-in-class results, even in the minutest of tasks. They are ﬁrst principle thinkers and they focus on solving problems from the root cause and not just the symptoms of the problem.
- People Skills: people are their greatest asset. They make up the company, the culture and their behavior reﬂect what the company values are. They immensely care about their people and They always make the best eﬀort to see that their people love spending time with each other.
- Communication: They are people that take feedback seriously and they don’t shy away from even the hard stuﬀ.
What do you stand to gain?
- A chance to be an early member of a high-growth startup
- Competitive salary
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work.
- Health insurance which includes dental, optical & major surgeries.
- Interest-free staﬀ loans upon conﬁrmation
- Work- from home (fully remote)
- vehicle ﬁnancing for conﬁrmed employees at 50% of asset value.
- Stock options for early employees.
- Annual Training budget.
Your application has been successfully submitted.