Corporate Finance Manager
About the role
Our partner is looking to hire an excellent Corporate Finance Manager, who will become an integral member of their team. As the Corporate Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing professional input to the company’s strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams, including Gasco, Operations, Projects, FCS and Finance to identify, evaluate and analyze evolving strategic priorities. You will also be responsible for setting strategic objectives and goals which will help in identifying instruments that will aid in the attainment of such goals, as well as monitoring the evaluation of the chosen strategy.
What do you need to be successful?
The successful candidate for this role shall be responsible for:
● Evaluating, defining, and preparing relevant market assessment and commercial pricing analysis and forecast suitable for power and gas sales
● Conducting appraisals on prospective business/investment opportunities and advise Management accordingly
● Owning and supporting the capital allocation strategy and review process
● Owning consolidated corporate models including the strategic/business plan, annual budget and periodic (quarterly) forecasts
● Owning and regularly updating strategy document
● Maintaining the accuracy and improving the functionality of all corporate/financial models
● Support the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting on commercial and other investment activities (organic and inorganic alike)
● Prepare investor relations documents as needed including board presentations
● Provide financial integration and capitalization support and make recommendations to Management on M&A activities.
● Assist Finance/Management understand variances to budget for monthly management financial reports; particularly variances resulting from business activities
● Acts as primary point of contact for all budget related inquiries
● Conduct research on industry trends, pricing, comparable indicators etc and advise Management accordingly.
● Support Finance/CFO on financial analytics and corporate presentations as required
● Support development of the strategic plan & process including long term, annual, and quarterly views and update strategic plans and measure progress against business objectives
● Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be in charge of business case reviews, information memorandum, business/strategic plans, Board Reports, Financial Models, Investment Teasers, capital budget specific roles and responsibilities.
The biggest problem- solving duties on the job?
You will act as the primary contact for budget and financial related inquiries, as well as maintaining the functionality of all the corporate models of the company.
What do you need to have done in your career?
● Minimum 5 years’ post NYSC professional experience in financial analysis and reporting; consulting experience would be an advantage.
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
● Master’s degree and/or professional certification in related field
● Mergers & Acquisitions
● Debt and Equity Instruments
● Deal Structuring
● Corporate and Capital Budgeting
● Preparing Investment Appraisals
● Investment Management
● Strategic and Business Planning
● IFRS Reporting Standards
● Financial Statement Analysis
● Financial Modeling
● Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
● Power/Energy industry knowledge
● Presentation skills
● Great interpersonal skills; able to work with people at various levels
Nice- to- have
● Excellent written and verbal English
● Team Player
● Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
● Organized; able to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
● Able to work well under pressure
● Meticulous; pays attention to details
Your application has been successfully submitted.