This job is no longer accepting applications.
Waya PayChat is bringing your social and financial life together (in a manner of speaking). They have built a social mobile payment app that combines financial inclusion and a social solution in one app. By combining a social platform and mobile transactions they want to ease the problems of transactions and people staying connected.
They are providing a secure and cashless payment solution that assists their users, merchants, and organizations, to optimize their daily lives and business processes while taking care of their transactions.
About The Role
Waya Paychat is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to lead their development process and drive their tech strategy and architecture as you will get hands-on and produce excellent code. You will coordinate multiple teams to ensure Waya PayChat meets user expectations.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for directing the pace of work and ensuring best practices are followed in the development process. You will oversee the development and design of the Waya Paychat Platform and also be responsible for the following:
- Supervise information technology and computer systems.
- Set clear development processes in place
- Track and lead the scrum / agile development process.
- Supervise and consult for the stability of the technology
- Develop the architecture of the technology and oversee its implementation
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Supervise and ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Commercial IT team while also developing people from both functional skills and leadership perspectives.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will supervise and lead a team of software, DevOps /security, and quality assurance engineers to deliver quality software and deploy within the required time. You’d be a champion of excellence in code and ensure that the engineering team is motivated to do their best work.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will have to bring your leadership mettle and inspire engineers across different teams to consistently deliver excellent work that aligns with business and user needs. You will have the exciting opportunity of making strategic decisions that affect the growth of the product and development team in the long and short terms.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3 years experience as an engineering manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
What do you stand to gain
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.