This job is no longer accepting applications.
Payhippo is enabling small African businesses access to seamless financing that helps them unlock their growth potential. They are bridging the gap for SMEs to access funding based on a business’s historical data used to determine the credit score of a business and also by using an AI-powered system to identify credit-worthy SMEs.
They enabled over 450 SMEs and are looking for mission-driven evangelists to join them on their quest of ensuring merchants and SMEs in Africa get access to requisite funding.
About the Role
Payhippo is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who is excited about the solution they are providing and has ideas on how to use software engineering to build functional systems that enable them to meet customer needs.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Success in this role will be measured on how quickly product updates are deployed, production issues identified, and how you are able to implement integrations that meet customer needs. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Write high quality, performant and reliable code.
- Work independently, deliver results end to end. Take responsibility for outcomes.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, jump in and help resolve any type of production incidents.
- Be a team player, understand Agile processes, learn, follow and improve the ways we work.
- Build highly scalable and robust systems.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Drive the project including creating deliverables, mile markers from the DevOps arm.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Promoting, documenting, and implementing systems infrastructure best practices, and building tools that allow the business to develop and deploy impeccable sites/software.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
This is an outcome-based role and the bottom-line of your role is owning the process of building, testing, and maintaining the infrastructure that allows for the speedy but efficient development and release of the software.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will act as a conduit between the Software engineering and quality assurance teams, ensuring that you are able to easily integrate both teams to ensure quick resolution bugs and deployment of software.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3+ years of professional experience in the DevOps area.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality solutions against aggressive roadmaps.
- Worked on platforms that support microservices-driven architectures.
- Expert in at least one Public Cloud Provider such as Azure, GCP, or AWS.
- Proficient in Ansible as a configuration management tool.
- Proficient knowledge in building IaaC environments using Terraform or ARM.
- Hands on experience in Docker & Kubernetes as PaaS.
- Hands on experience in FaaS architectures and services like Azure or Lambda fns.
- Experience with automating build cloud environments by using CICD full stack like Git, Jenkins & groovy scripts.
- Has experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Contribute to the development of SMEs in Africa.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI driven on demand financing