This job is no longer accepting applications.
Autochek Africa is an Automotive Technology development company that builds solutions aimed at enabling and enhancing commerce within the automotive sector. They focus on solutions that improve access to Auto loans, quality maintenance / aftersales services, warranty solutions, and transactional marketplaces. They are currently operational in West and East Africa and have also developed a partner-led retail footprint with over 500 service centers.
They are frontrunners in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Their goal is to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize their growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
About The Role
The team at Autochek Africa is looking to hire a Senior Backend Developer. As a senior software developer, you will work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help them achieve results that traditionally required large teams.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for:
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your team members into the application. You will also manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will also design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with the frontend engineer(s) to build a solution that can process high data volumes and ensure that the solution is able to easily respond to queries from users on the front end.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 2- 4years of technology and engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven experience as a Back-end developer.
- In-depth understanding of web development.
- Experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, and Python.
- Strong experience with CMS framework.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations.
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems.
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- Experience working with Nodejs and Typescript.
- BSc or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Extensive training in cybersecurity, software development, team building, leadership, management, and other business areas
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced and global team.
- A vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Africa’s 360-Degree Automotive Solution.