This job is no longer accepting applications.
Autochek Africa is an Automotive Technology development company that builds solutions aimed at enabling and enhancing commerce within the automotive sector. They focus on solutions that improve access to Auto loans, quality maintenance / aftersales services, warranty solutions, and transactional marketplaces. They are currently operational in West and East Africa and have also developed a partner-led retail footprint with over 500 service centers.
They are frontrunners in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Their goal is to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize their growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
About the Role
Autochek is looking to hire a Frontend Engineer to help them build sophisticated and user-friendly web applications. You should have a working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Produce efficient and well tested codes
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve a set goal
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter
- Develop new and enhance existing user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application front end for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to improve usability
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and trends
- Work closely with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Frontend Engineer, you will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will learn to move fast, take calculated risks and learn from failures. You will develop core management strategies as well as learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems across geographies. Your people management skill will be tested and improved as you engage and interact with colleagues to deliver quantifiable goals that give real business value. You will learn to measure and track output and results and how to automate everything that you do.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Good understanding of libraries and frameworks, such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, DurandalJS, etc
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations
- Experience building and designing fast frontend applications
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with React and Typescript
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Extensive training in c software development, team building project management, and others is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2years of technology and engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented multi-country environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced and global team.
- A vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Africa’s 360-Degree Automotive Solution.