Senior Android Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Autochek Africa is an Automotive Technology development company that builds solutions aimed at enabling and enhancing commerce within the automotive sector. They focus on solutions that improve access to Auto loans, quality maintenance / aftersales services, warranty solutions, and transactional marketplaces. They are currently operational in West and East Africa and have also developed a partner-led retail footprint with over 500 service centers.
They are frontrunners in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Their goal is to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize their growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
About The Role
The team is looking to hire a Senior Android Engineer that will champion the development process of their android applications. You will be tasked with designing and developing advanced applications for their Android platform. You’ll primarily work with Kotlin, Java, Coroutines, Room, RxJava, Jenkins, using Agile Methodology, Scrum, Jira, and others.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design interfaces and integrate assets required
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Manage and resolve bugs issues faced by users
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Revamp app to enhance performance
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Mentor junior engineers and trained technical support team.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will learn to move fast, take calculated risks and learn from failures. You will have the exciting challenge of developing core management strategies as well as learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems across geographies.
Your people management skill will be tested and improved as you engage and interact with colleagues to deliver quantifiable goals that give real business value.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 3-5years of technology and engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience building and designing Android native applications.
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations.
- Experience working with Kotlin and other Android frameworks.
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- BSc or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- MBA or extensive training in cybersecurity, software development, team building, leadership, management and other business areas.
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced and global team.
- A vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Africa’s 360-Degree Automotive Solution.