This job is no longer accepting applications.
Autochek Africa is an Automotive Technology development company that builds solutions aimed at enabling and enhancing commerce within the automotive sector. They focus on solutions that improve access to Auto loans, quality maintenance / aftersales services, warranty solutions, and transactional marketplaces. They are currently operational in West and East Africa and have also developed a partner-led retail footprint with over 500 service centers.
They are frontrunners in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Their goal is to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize their growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
About The Role
Autochek Africa is looking to hire an iOS Developer whose primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As an iOS developer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and tools to power Autochek engineers and operations
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
The technology team includes Product, Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Autochek and its customers. They believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. The software you build today is the foundation for dozens of Autochek systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations
- Experience building and designing fast IOS applications
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with SwiftUI and Swift
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant degree in related field
- Minimum of 2years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented multi-country environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced and global team.
- A vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Africa’s 360-Degree Automotive Solution.