This job is no longer accepting applications.
Payhippo is enabling small African businesses access to seamless financing that helps them unlock their growth potential. They are bridging the gap for SMEs to access funding based on a business’s historical data used to determine the credit score of a business and also by using an AI-powered system to identify credit-worthy SMEs.
They enabled over 450 SMEs and are looking for mission-driven evangelists to join them on their quest of ensuring merchants and SMEs in Africa get access to requisite funding.
About the Role
Payhippo is looking to hire a Frontend Developer to help them build sophisticated and user-friendly web applications. You should have a working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Produce efficient and well-tested codes.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve a set goal.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Develop new and enhance existing user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application front end for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to improve usability.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and trends.
- Work closely with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Frontend Engineer, you will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You are pivotal to ensuring the quality and functionality of software solutions for clients. You will be expected to translate your experience in software development and agile methodologies to achieve success on this role. Your primary goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Good understanding of libraries and frameworks, such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, DurandalJS, etc.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations.
- Experience building and designing fast front-end applications.
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- Experience working with React and Typescript.
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- BSc or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Extensive training in c software development, team building project management and others is an added advantage.
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant and diverse team.
- Contribute to the development of SMEs in Africa.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI driven on demand financing