Head Of Compliance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Building technology that results in Financial happiness is what Teamapt promises and they have been supporting financial institutions and businesses in attaining financial happiness since 2015. Financial Happiness might seem vague but it basically means being able to provide banks with technological support needed to create good experiences for their customers and meeting their business needs.
Through their products, they’re helping leading commercial banks in Nigeria remove their pain points when it comes to digital banking solutions.
They’ve built solutions like moneytor, an omnichannel banking solution that allows banks to easily manage their different product and customer categories and monitor their strategy for engaging their customers.
About the Role
TeamApt is looking to hire a Head of Compliance who will be responsible for leading and driving the AML/KYC and compliance implementation to enable the expansion of the banking business across payments accounts. You will also ensure TeamApt maintains an excellent regulatory record.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your success in this role will be defined by your ability to scrutinize operations and be an internal watchdog to ensure that TeamApt is operating in line with extant laws and practice conventions. As the Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure Suspicious Activity Reports, Sanctions Screening, KYC and PEP's are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements.
- Design and implement processes that leverage best of breed technology to meet regulatory expectations whilst enabling the strategic and business goals of the digital banking offering.
- Manage and continuously improve implemented compliance processes to ensure expectations are always met.
- Implement compliance frameworks of borderless banking to ensure a smooth launch into new markets and new products.
- Assess various risks such as - country, customer, product and cyber and report to management and boards.
- Pre-empt, prevent and correct compliance breaches
- Undertake ongoing monitoring and testing to assess compliance
- Organize, analyze and present data related to FCA regulations
- Remain current on industry developments and new FCA, AML and KYC rules & regulations.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be in charge of designing compliance plans, and guiding/educating the management and staff on compliance matters. You will be on the lookout for, update the company on recent regulatory changes, and responding in case of government investigations.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
Your familiarity in areas of regulatory compliance will be tested on this role. Ideally, you should be interested in learning, possess the experience & curiosity in the application of technology to solve compliance-related challenges.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- AML/KYC and regulatory compliance skills and expertise (verification, CDD, monitoring) for an e-money, digital bank, or fintech payments company.
- Experience in designing and implementing compliance processes and programs across multiple jurisdictions and product lines.
- Solid experience in building a risk-based approach in all areas of proportionate general regulatory compliance.
- Experience innovating processes leveraging technology/data to meet customer and regulatory expectations in the areas of AML/KYC.
- Educational qualifications to degree level or its equivalent
- Good understanding of retail banking and payment products
- Proven years of experience of AML, KYC and CDD in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of FCA principles and retail banking regulations
- Proficiency with compliance analytics, monitoring and testing tools
- Relevant technology certifications
- CAMS certification or other equivalents not required but desirable.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Remuneration
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating financial Services for the underserved