Head Of Internal Control
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Building technology that results in Financial happiness is what Teamapt promises and they have been supporting financial institutions and businesses in attaining financial happiness since 2015. Financial Happiness might seem vague but it basically means being able to provide banks with technological support needed to create good experiences for their customers and meeting their business needs.
Through their products, they’re helping leading commercial banks in Nigeria remove their pain points when it comes to digital banking solutions.
They’ve built solutions like moneytor, an omnichannel banking solution that allows banks to easily manage their different product and customer categories and monitor their strategy for engaging their customers.
About the Role
TeamApt is looking to hire a Head of Internal Control who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s wide risk-based audit plan. You will lead the overall direction and leadership of the internal audit function for the organization and plan and conduct operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be the linchpin of the audit team as you would review and oversee the implementation of audit processes company-wide. As the Head of Internal Control, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop the overall audit strategy to support the company’s objectives and governance policies and develop the annual audit plan.
- Understand the risk profile of the company and develop and maintain a risk-based audit plan for the Group(subsidiaries and plants), including tracking audit findings through remediation.
- Drive the execution of risk-based audit plans, and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies, and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Increase interactions with a broader scope of stakeholders: Develop strong relationships and partner with senior management across the organization, leading discussions and projects to identify and mitigate risks in their environment.
- Communicate findings in a timely manner, obtaining business partner agreement on the root cause of issues and commitment to implement recommendations and/or remediation plans.
- Drive effective communication with executive management on the status of the annual audit plan, emerging risks, and leading business practices.
- Provide an independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Partner with the legal department on the development and maintenance of an ongoing company-wide enterprise risk management program.
- Ensure the Internal Audit department has an effective relationship with the external auditor so that the external audit efforts are timely and efficient and that deliverables from the internal audit meet their deadlines and expectations.
- Manage and grow a talented team of professionals.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and to discuss changes in policies that will impact the system flow of information.
- Communicate annually on risk management and risk factors in the annual report.
- Responsible for the Enterprise risk assessment and management of the person in charge of the Group Insurance program.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As the Head of Internal Control, you will support the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by providing independent assessments of the firm’s risk management and internal control environment, and by providing advice to management in developing control solutions.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will have the ultimate responsibility of keeping the company from engaging in potentially illegal or unethical activities that could put the company at risk.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in auditing, internal controls, especially in banking
- B.Sc. in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or closely related field
- 7 or more years experience leading and developing a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, human relations skills, and business acumen are essential
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to think strategically are required
- Curiosity and investment in ERP JDE Edwards and other Group systems
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Remuneration
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating financial Services for the underserved