Head Of Legal
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Building technology that results in Financial happiness is what Teamapt promises and they have been supporting financial institutions and businesses in attaining financial happiness since 2015. Financial Happiness might seem vague but it basically means being able to provide banks with technological support needed to create good experiences for their customers and meeting their business needs.
Through their products, they’re helping leading commercial banks in Nigeria remove their pain points when it comes to digital banking solutions.
They’ve built solutions like moneytor, an omnichannel banking solution that allows banks to easily manage their different product and customer categories and monitor their strategy for engaging their customers.
About the Role
TeamApt is looking to hire a Head of Legal who will handle all their company’s legal transactions, partnerships, and projects. Your principal goal will be to guarantee that all company’s transactions comply with state laws and regulations, while actively helping their company avoid possible legal risks and violations.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will review transactional documents and act as a risk mitigator by resolving disputes and regulatory bottlenecks as efficiently as possible. As the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings.
- Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Duties include preparing documents, assessing partnerships, and negotiating deals.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for consulting and leading all corporate legal processes such as mergers, compliance issues, transactions, partnerships, and lawsuits. You will also look out for opportunities through which TeamApt can leverage incentives and benefit from government policies.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will oversee the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities. You will champion the interest of TeamApt in their dealing with externals and regulators.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor's Degree in Law with strong academic credentials.
- 7+ years of legal experience in a law firm or as a commercial Lawyer.
- Strong Legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal counsels.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues including regulatory framework
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Remuneration
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating financial Services for the underserved