This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the Role
They are looking to hire a Country Manager for Nigeria who will play a pivotal leadership role in the company as Nigeria is SafeBoda’s most exciting market. As a member of the Senior leadership at SafeBoda, this is a huge opportunity for growth and you will be working with one of the most dynamic and fast-moving companies in Africa!
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Country Manager, you will lead their passionate and highly engaged team based in Nigeria and speed up the organization’s growth to make sure they can revolutionize transportation, on-demand services and payments in Africa’s cities. You will be responsible for the following:
Lead SafeBoda’s success in Nigeria
- Build and execute SafeBoda Nigeria’s Strategy.
- Lead key departments e.g. Products, Sales, Customer Acquisition, Operations and marketing.
- Develop and maintain budgets and timely financial projections with the finance team.
- Coach, mentor, and guide senior leadership in Nigeria.
- Manage a fast-growing team through a leadership style that values humility, empathy, Growth, and most importantly is aligned to our culture and values.
- Build trust and respect with our employees, in order to have a positive influence and consultative approach to decision-making processes.
External Relations Building
- Establish and maintain valuable relationships with different stakeholders that support SafeBoda’s growth and business performance.
- Be the face and spokesperson for SafeBoda within the country.
Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Collaborate with different functions within the organization to create strategic and operational plans
- Proactively identify and share opportunities that lead to country growth and scaling.
- Provide insights and support to the leadership
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for executing on strategy and overseeing successful execution on performance metrics, leading business growth, managing people at multiple levels while maintaining the vibrant and innovative culture of SafeBoda.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will ensure that all aspects of a business within the country operate smoothly, and adheres to all country regulations and cultural guidelines.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- +5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area
- Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team
- Knowledge of cities in Nigeria and the operational realities
- Experience in stakeholder and external management is required. Understanding of local authorities and government operations is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven experience starting and growing projects or enterprises
- Data-driven decision-making mindset and solid analytical skills with advanced experience of Excel is a must
- Creativity and passion for building a company that provides a beautiful product
- Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades
- Firm understanding of how to maintain a performance culture
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary with ESOP allocation
- Free SafeBoda transport & free lunch every day
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from SafeBoda leadership
Your application has been successfully submitted.